This month in the CAM Community of Coaches, we are giving attention to frameworks in coaching. Our member webinar, in which we give many examples, will be available here on the CAM Membership site if you miss it or want to refer back to it.
I’ve become a fan of frameworks in coaching for three reasons:
- They add value to the client. Your #1 goal as a coach is to serve your client and providing a framework enhances the value your clients get from the coaching relationship.
- They make getting clients easier. A good framework is designed with the client in mind, especially the client’s presenting challenge. When you position yourself as a coach who can help a particular kind of client with a specific challenge, your marketing efforts get focused and enhanced.
- They bring just a enough order to the chaos of coaching. As a coach, life can be rather topsy-turvy. Every client presents something distinct and each day is unlike any other. Frameworks bring just a healthy dose of order (not too much!) into the chaos by helping you have a plan for each coaching engagement.
I’d love to know more about YOUR experience with frameworks:
- What frameworks do you use?
- How did you develop your frameworks?
- How have your frameworks changed over time?
Please share your experience in the private Facebook group. If you’re not on Facebook, that’s no problem – just email your experiences to our Community Coordinator Martin Torres and he’ll post them for you.